How does Pooping affect my weight?
In the last blog on the 25th of February, You may have noticed that I mentioned regular bowel movements as a way to loose weight. Or that not having 3 bowel movements a day can cause weight gain. So Why is this?
Constipation is the Devil when it comes to Detoxification
Constipation occurs when our food bolus byproducts move through the intestines too slowly. This can be caused by a bunch of different factors, so let’s go over a few.
- Your Body needs between 80-120 ounces of non-caffeinated Fluids a day, mostly from water. You can have 4-6 ounces of juice or lemonade. Even the occasional Sprite or decaf root beer. But mainly, it should be water
- water helps bulk up stools so they can pass easier through the intestines
- Sticky materials move slower, so hydration makes them less sticky.
- Hydration is key daily throughout the, not all in one day or all at one time. I’ve heard many people say they drink 90% of their water before lunch, yet they still eat dinner. That meal has trouble making it through because less water is still available to move it.
- If your gut flora is out of balance you will crave more calorie dense, nutrient deficient foods
- The poor ability to have balance in the gut doesn’t allow certain types of foods to be broken down properly, thus poor nutrient absorption
- Poor nutrient absorption leads to Whole Food Pieces being present in the stool, making it stickier
- Can lead to IBS
How does Pooping decrease my weight
- the number one reason you can not loose weight is that your body is storing toxins as fat.
- The environment, Food, Stress daily causes toxins to increase.
- Bowel movements, along with perspiration (Sweating) and Urination are the number one ways to eliminate Toxins
You stop STORING that weight of your Poop.
- Some individuals carry up to 20 pounds of poop inside them
- Gas is not longer trapped, causing you to weight less, because the poop is exiting as well.
- If you get rid of the toxins in your poo multiple times a day, there is less to cause inflammation
- You dont strain to go to the bathroom, decreasing the risk of inflammation, hemorrhoids and fissures in the colon/anus.
What other things cause constipation?
A variety of things can cause more constipation that the list above. Some of those include viruses. In June of 2016, the Yale Daily News reported finding that herpes type viruses, including shingles, epstein-barr and chicken pox, could cause constipation.
The Westchester Health Blog indicated that parasites are often linked with constipation. Bloating and gas as well as 8 other symptoms could indicate that you have a parasite.
A slow gallbladder can also cause constipation.
What should my Bowel movement look like?
Remember too that constipation can look a variety of ways. Difficulty going, not going enough, rabbit like pellets, stools that have lines, cracks or fissures.
Your Stool should be somewhere between the texture of a ripe banana to soft serve ice cream. It should take you less than 10 minutes to complete a bowel movement. You should not have to “bear down”, grunt or hold your breathe. And it should occur no less than 3 times a day, but optimally 4 times daily.
If you are interested in improving your Gut health and Poop Health, Schedule a Discovery Visit